MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will contribute to existing marketing programs for the Arts Consortium, act as main point of contact for third-party marketing firm Fahlgren Mortine for major event marketing and strategies, as well as work directly with pillar venues and community organizers with general marketing, event, booking, and sales approaches. The ideal candidate will have experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, social media, and graphic design.
- With Consortium staff and a contract with a professional communications firm, assist Consortium initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing tactics such as email, event, social media, or content marketing for large scale events.
- With a professional communications firm, assist in the design of measurable marketing strategies using data and industry best practices to assess impact on pillar arts venues and other local economic indicators.
- Work with pillar arts venues to elevate their brands through development and maintenance of high-quality general marketing materials, including websites and social media accounts.
- Coordinate social media and email marketing campaigns, including copywriting, scheduling, testing, database management, and analytics.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various digital and print marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice.
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports.
- Manage relationships with external marketing vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness.
- Coordinate and implement Consortium and pillar venues website updates on a regular basis, demonstrating a strong linkage between the Consortium and the pillar arts venues. Maintain focus on user experience and website best practices.
- Work with Executive Director and Consortium managers to collect deadlines, budgets, and objectives, and deliver reporting on event performance, budgets, etc.
- Make recommendations to the Consortium Executive Director and management team regarding marketing budget considerations for the pillar arts venues and annual marketing plans.
- Work in collaboration with the Knox County Convention and Visitors Bureau on complimentary marketing efforts that maximize resources and outreach, including participation in the design of comprehensive packages for weekend visitor experiences in Mount Vernon and ongoing connection to local hospitality and lodging resources.
- Strategically place high quality advertising aimed at elevating the Experience Mount Vernon campaign and its connection to arts and entertainment assets and experiences available in Mount Vernon.
- Cross-train support staff, volunteers and interns to aid in social media coverage at events/venues and to develop Canva assets as needed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field, or at least two years of experience in content management, creative writing, advertising concepts and media negotiations
- Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,) Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Acrobat,) Content Curation Software (e.g., ContentSuite or Hootsuite,) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Experience using Canva, Joomla CMS, EventPro, Jotform, and Choice CRM a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills (AP Style preferred)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- High level of creativity
- Some weekend, holiday, and evening availability required